16 Great Podcasts for Kidmin & Leadership in General
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot more time in your schedule to learn by listening than reading.
You can listen and learn while commuting, shuttling, working out, eating, walking the dog, etc.
That’s why I’m a big podcast fan; it allows me to learn during times that would otherwise be wasted (of course if you’re shuttling kids or working out with friends, it’s important not to forget the relationship building opportunities of those times as well).
And over a couple of years, I’ve found quite a few great podcasts that speak really well into Kidmin and Leadership in General.
Here they are:
1. D6 Podcast – They talk with 2 experts every episode about issues relevant to kids, parents, or ministry. It’s super practical and great content.
2. Kids Ministry Collective Podcast – Interview/panel style podcast that’s super practical and discusses topics we’re all facing.
3. Leadership with Ryan Frank – Really short sound bites (normally <5 mins), but really helpful.
4. Nick Blevins Family Ministry Podcast – Goes deep with awesome Kid’s Ministry leaders.
5. theClub Leadership Podcast with Jim Wideman – If you’re in Kidmin you probably know who Jim Wideman is, and you probably know how wise a guy he is.
6. Growing Leaders Podcast – Talks about how to lead the upcoming generations and the changes in the way we need to relate to them.
General Leadership Podcasts (great for sharing with others on staff)
1. 200churches Podcast – Has a really great focus on staying personally healthy in ministry.
2. 5 Leadership Questions – Interviews great leaders in a variety of fields and asks the same 5 questions of each.
3. Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast – Learn great leadership principles that will serve you in every area of life.
4. Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast – Leading a church of 50,000, Craig is doing some things right, you’ll learn a lot.
5. Leadersheep Podcast – Interviews Christian and secular leaders to inspire you to go to the next level in your leadersheep ( or is it ship).
6. Next Up Podcast – This is a podcast for young leaders who are the future head leaders and how to navigate that transition.
7. The Carey Nieuwhof Leadership Podcast – Interviews with well-known and little-known Christian leaders about really helpful topics.
8. The Joshua Gagnon Leadership Podcast – In many ways this podcasts shares about how to be effective as a church as culture gets increasingly post-Christian
9. The Leadership Momentum Podcast – Interviews big name pop leaders with an emphasis on stewardship.
10. The unSeminary Podcast – Talks about “things they didn’t teach in seminary” with a really practical bent.
Those are the 16 podcasts I listen to regularly.
Hopefully there are a few you’ve never heard that you can check out.
And if there’s any great podcasts I missed that you’d highly recommend, leave a comment.
If this was helpful to you, please pass it on by giving it a share on Facebook!
Latest posts by Brandon Horst (see all)
- What I Learned at a Retreat with Jim Wideman, His Family, and Other Kid’s Pastors - February 9, 2018
- 6 Free Online Resources for Parents at Your Church - February 2, 2018
- How to Receive Weekly Feedback from Volunteers - January 19, 2018